Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Joys of Young'ns

Here are a few pictures and some stories about Easton and Kiana this week. They are at such fun ages at 2 and 3, and they make me laugh every single day. This time goes by so quickly!
Easton asked me this morning "Can I brush my hair with the toothpick?" (He meant the pick.)

While I was in the bathroom, I heard some pounding on the wall. Since Alan wasn't too happy with the dents in the sheetrock in our bedroom from the pounding last time, I hollered "Hey! Stop pounding on the wall!" Expecting it to be Easton, I was surprised to hear the pounding stop and Kiana's little voice call "Alright!" This is her new response these days--tell her to pick up her toys, "Alright!!", go potty, "Alright!!", come here. . ."Alright!!" It's so cute!
Kiana loves to chew 'bubblegum'. She wanted to wear her "puppy gog" dress this morning.
Easton has recently become very aware of the 'L' sound and wants to make sure he is saying it correctly. He is correcting himself. This morning he asked Kiana to 'weave' something alone. I heard a pause, then "Llllleave. Lllllllleave it alone, Kiana." He does a good job, but the blending is not there yet. He is adding extra syllables to words. 'Puh-lease' and 'Fuh-lllly' (fly) and 'buh-lllanket'.
Easton has started smacking his lips throughout his sentences now, (especially when he's asking for something) which just makes me want to giggle. Here's an example: "Mom, (pause-smack), I was wondering (pause-smack) if I (pause-smack) could have a drink (pause-smack) of juice."

Kiana loves to run around naked. She can strip her clothes off by herself now when I tell her it's time to change clothes, and then she marches around the house (in the buff!) singing for awhile. This morning the song was "The B-I-B-L-E" accompanied by tapping Tinkertoys and her knees lifting high with every step.
I've never had a kid quite so interested in clothes. Kiana loves her clothes, loves to change clothes, pick out clothes, talk about her clothes, and take them out of her drawers (grrrr). I don't particularly enjoy doing laundry, so we have a rule of one outfit per day in this house. She never quits trying though. She brings me something new a couple times per day, tilts her head to one side and asks "I wear it???". I say 'no, go put it back', she responds 'Alright' and trots off to her bedroom.Kiana gets frustrated sometimes, particularly with Easton. If he takes a toy away she screams 'NOooooooo'. Then she gets the look from mama for screaming and she says, (with a scowl and in a very crabby voice) "Don't EVER do it AGAIN!"

Easton loves painting these days. It doesn't matter if it's fingerpaints, water paints, or tempura paints. I think the easel he got from Uncle Sheldon and Aunt Marcy for his birthday in May is still his favorite. He regularly paints pictures and says they are for his little friend Zayne or Mundan.
Easton wanted to go to his friend Zayne's house the other day. This is how he asked: "Mommy, can we go to Zayne's house today? I asked God and He said YES!!!"
Kiana loves Dora the Explorer. She and Easton both watch the movies and yell the responses. Kiana asks "I watch d-d-d-d-Dora, peas??" She now has a Dora doll and a Dora toothbrush holder in addition to the Dora shirt that she wants to wear every. single. day.

8 comments:

  1. Those are really funny stories about Easton and Kiana! I love that Kiana likes to change her clothes all the time. Every child has their own personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL so funny! we are stuck on dora too. not my favorite! but she just looooooves dora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some of those pictures make them look WAY too big! i also love that age, vance and i would just lay around and play with them. we wondered what we did before we had them to entertain us. i'm glad you typed all these memories...i wish i had done it for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soooo cute!!! Kiana looks waaaay too old in that last picture though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are just darling. they are definetly growing up way too fast! love all pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If God thinks we should be getting together soon, I think we should plan a day next week. Reading this post makes me miss ya all! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shonya, I must say that you are getting very good at several different hair styles for Kiana. Way to go! I just love Kiana and all her bling and attitude! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your children are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!