Keep this face in mind.

We got a STEAL of a deal for our son's fourth birthday. This little boy LOVES trains! I mean, he loves them like no kid I've seen since my friend Andrea's little boy--and I had never before seen anyone love trains the way he did! But if you know us, well, you know we don't tend to spend lots of money on toys and gifts. This train set, however, was marked down BELOW half price including shipping once I used a coupon on a clearance sale. We couldn't resist.
But would you believe how it came packaged?! UPS delivered it to our door (and guess who opened the door with me!) with no generic box, no plain paper wrapping. This is the side with our address on it--the other side had a beautiful picture of the train all set up.

It was so obvious what it was! I tried a quick save, whisking it out of sight back onto the deck, (much to the confusion of the driver!) but this little boy was NOT born yesterday!

His birthday is May 8. It was April 13.

We have no self-control. We are terrible with surprises. We enjoy watching our children's pleasure even more than they enjoy the gift.

And does he EVER enjoy this gift!!

What would YOU have done??? :)
Oh no! That is terrible. I would have done the same thing :)
ReplyDeleteI would have saved it for my nephew :)
ReplyDeletei would have giggled and laughed and done the exact. same. thing.! i bet all the boys/men in the house love it! :D and i wouldn't be surprised if a couple girls liked it too! lizzie loves playing trains with henry. or stealing them and stressin him out... not sure which. :)
ReplyDeletetotally would have let him open it and buy him a new train to go with it on his bday. just think--another month of joy that he "accidentally" got! good bargain!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing Jenn said...just buy a small accessory for him to unwrap. What fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWe've got a May 8 birthday train afficionado here too (who will be 3), and I'm sure we'd have done the same thing. :)
ReplyDeleteI would have NEVER allowed such a thing!! What a waste of a perfectly nice birthday gift. Don't you parents have ANY self-control?
ReplyDeleteI feel ornery.
I'm here...lurking... ! It was nice to meet you Saturday night. You're a funny lady!. And yes, I'd have given him the train and another "something" on the actual day.
ReplyDeleteAnnette
I'm horrible about waiting until the correct day to give presents. Weather he saw it or not I probably would have caved and given it to him. Once I've bought a present all bets are off.
ReplyDeletei would have done the same thing. i love the look on his face in that one picture! he looks soooo excited:)
ReplyDeleteI'd have done exactly the same thing. That train set is fabulous!! My dad tells a similar story about receiving a sled for Christmas. He saw it when the mailman delivered it. For a long time, he thought it was a present from the mailman!!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a spoiler for them to send it to you packaged like that! Surely other customers of theirs have had something similar happen; you'd think they would realize! But I guess Easton got a good deal anyway. It's so cute how excited he is! :) I know a couple other people with that birthday, by the way.
ReplyDelete