Sunday, June 13, 2010

Playing Around

I'm venturing out and messing around with my blog! I love the book background and have visions of additional pages floating around in my head.
  • I have a list of books I've read this year on a page now.
  • I'm thinking it would be fun to have a page introducing our family members,
  • a page possibly talking about homeschool curricula we're using,
  • a page of quotes that make me think,
  • a page for adoption poems and verses that bless me, and maybe even some articles that have impacted me . . .
The possibilities are limitless!! (Well, okay, you're right, they are limited by my time! But for now, in my mind. . .)

and on the adoption front. . .
we continue waiting! My guess is that Keisha took the profiles home with her over the weekend so she could think about them some more. Maybe we'll find out Monday. . .It's such a big decision! I just can't imagine how hard it must be. Depending on her decision, we have also been asked if we are interested in being presented to a birthmother who is expecting a baby in August. I don't know much about this situation, but the one thing that hits me in the gut is that this birthmother went to have an abortion at 16 weeks gestation because she knew she couldn't raise a child in her circumstances. After watching a video at the clinic, she decided she couldn't kill her baby, so walked out of the clinic to make a plan for her baby's life!

This reminds me of one of the many reasons our family has taken this path that is full of hills, corners, valleys and high places. It's all worth it, regardless of the little dips in the road. I am thankful for the reminder to keep on keepin' on.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your new look...maybe I will eventually get around for it! :) VERY cool!!!!

    Praying for you and your family as you walk this road my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! I love it!!! I love it!!!

    Good decorator's eye....and what organization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so courageous of this gal! i'm so glad she saw that video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and the layout is AWESOME! i love all the colors and the depth! nice choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!