Monday, June 13, 2011

Cornrows and More Cornrows

I'm finding cornrows to be a great summer style for Kiana--both because of the heat and activeness summer brings and for fewer styling sessions. They last well, and look cute.

I can't believe I didn't get good pictures of her last hairstyle because I absolutely love it and hope to repeat that style frequently! I cornrowed her hair in angled rows toward a side ponytail. It was simply adorable and perfect for her age. I styled it in two sessions. I did the front once day and left the back in loose curls while we went to the science center (where patient big brother Destry helped her build and launch a rocket).
Below is the only picture I snapped while she had this style. It was a relatively easy style, took about two hours total (in two sittings) and stayed nice for about three weeks.This weekend I tried a new style I saw in It's All Good Hair.
I cornrowed the back of her hair straight down into free-flowing braids, then cornrowed the top half of her hair back into a little ponytail.
She wanted beads in the ends of the braids, then we gathered the top braids into an "Adi-bow" (as she calls the fu-fu hair decorations cousin Adi passed to her) and she was set. This is another really pretty "little-girl" style for her and I'm hoping it will last several weeks as well.I'm looking forward to finding more cute little-girl styles using cornrows this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!