Sunday, September 11, 2011

All Dolled Up

Kiana's favorite hairstyle is a ponytail puff. It looks darling, but doesn't last long and easily tangles. On this day she chose her fancy ponytail holder and asked to wear makeup like her fairy doll. We had fun with some girl time that included purple eye shadow, a touch of lipstick and some fun crackle nail polish! She wanted me to take a picture when we were done--and she's workin' it! :)Her most recent hairstyle was piggy back braids. These are relatively quick to put in, and they are really cute, but they just don't last as long as other braids, such as cornrows.
They always get fuzzy within just a few days, which is frustrating as they start to look messy.
It took about an hour to fix these braids and they stayed in about two weeks (although the last few days they were looking pretty rough).
I gave the ends of her hair a break and didn't put any beads or other accessories at the bottom of the braid, but instead just let the ends curl up (which I think is adorable anyway).

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Workin' it. haha I hope she has a tough head. My girls never would have sat for that. None of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll!
    I love that you two have special time together doing 'girly' things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah. She looks like she is enjoying the new do alright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michaele--you sound like my grandma, she's always been amazed at how my girls let me do their hair. I think the secret is to start young. . .:)

    Laura--yes, indeed, she is a doll and simply SUCH a delight!

    Carrie--ha, her personality just shines, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!