Sunday, July 15, 2012

Princess Ballerina

It's quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.
A new friend told me about a nearby studio that "stresses modesty and integrity and uses melodious music" in its vision to "teach character through dance."  Well, that sounds appealing for Little Miss Kiana who daily expresses herself by moving to music.
I checked it out online and learned that they have a princess ballet and gymnastics camp in the summer, so we decided to try it out.  She has been absolutely beaming this week.  Each "camp" is 90 minutes long--30 minutes of ballet, 30 minutes of gymnastics, and 30 minutes with the "princess of the day" (Snow White and Sleeping Beauty so far) doing a craft and freestyle movement.
She listens so intently as she learns to point the proper foot and twirl to Disney movie songs.
I am a little surprised that her favorite part seems to be the gymnastics session as she does flips, balances, crawls through tunnels, and bounces on the trampoline with the biggest grin she has.

The decor of the studio is inspirational.  The west wall says "The Holy Spirit produces the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."  This mural on the north wall has scriptural verses along the waving branches of the tree with words of the fruit of the Spirit highlighted, like "The Spirit God gave us does not make us timid but gives us power, love, and self-control."
So far I'm very happy with the staff, the program, and the general environment.  On our way home Friday she asked "When will I get to go to my princess ballerina camp again?"  I'd say she's pleased with it as well.

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool- I'm trying really hard not to be jealous on my daughter's behalf! It looks like Kiana had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually probably closer to you than it is to me. . .email me if you want more info. :)

      Delete
  2. She looks like she is having fun. And what a neat program!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you decided to go ahead with it. Sounds like a win, win!!
    kr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!