Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Here To Serve

It's been a busy week and I'm carving the rest of this week out for family and friends, but I'm going to quickly write one post just to share a few things with you that you won't want to miss.

  • FOR THOSE WHO WANT A MEANINGFUL MOVIE TO WATCH:
I really feel like going on and on about Temple Grandin which our family recently watched.  It brought tears to my eyes more than once and was very encouraging and inspirational.  It made us consider how beautifully God makes each of us--different, but not less.  It's a powerful lesson in how to treat others, even those you might not understand.  It's a beautiful example of love, perseverance, and courage triumphing in the end.

I'll stop now, but you really should watch this movie as you're enjoying this holiday weekend.

  • FOR THOSE WHO WANT BLACK HAIR CARE PRODUCTS AT A SLIGHTLY LOWER RATE:
Check out this amazing collection of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals!  If you have no idea where to start, I would suggest Blended Beauty and Bee Mine as my two favorite brands and they are both having sales.
  • FOR THOSE WHO HOMESCHOOL AND/OR WANT TO DO SOMETHING FUN WITH YOUR KIDDOS:
(from http://www.freehomeschooldeals.com/)
Free Lapbook
with Teacher’s Guide included!

This lapbook is valued at $15.99, currently on-sale for a limited time for $5.00, and yours FREE for a limited time.
Use coupon code: freehomeschooldeals8 at checkout on Currclick from 11/21-11/23/12
Your total for the  Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Lapbook will read $0.00 after using the above coupon code at checkout. You will not need to enter any credit card information.

ENJOY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!

3 comments:

  1. Homeschool mom confession: Nan is in the 4th grade and we have never done a lapbook. I am scared of them...it seems like a lot of work and time...seem more like crafting... I don't really understand them...would love a post about how you use them.

    Don't need any black hair products at this time. Who knows what our future will hold. Did I tell you we are going to let our foster license expire. Still makes me nervous. God must have something else...waiting, waiting, waiting...

    Have to check out that movie. Thanks for reviewing tv/movies for a change. LOL!

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like lapbooks every once in a while, but can only handle one a year. I tried two in one year once and it overwhelmed me. Yes, it is a little more crafty, but it sure is fun once it's put together! And I think it's nice for that "writing resistant" stage as they just have to write a little bit in a tiny little book each day. Adding you post idea to my incredibly long "posts I would like to write someday if I ever get more time" list.

      No, didn't know you're letting your license expire! Will be interesting to see what the Lord has in store. . .

      Chuckled at the movie vs. book review, but you really should watch that movie. I just know you'll love it!

      And I did have a great thanksgiving--we are taking a five day "weekend" and I'm *LOVING* it! :)

      Delete
  2. Jeez, just the trailer for that movie had me close to tears. I appreciate the review; for some reason I'm terrible at picking movies. I always seem to pick strange ones that I think look good but then end up being... well, strange. (And not good strange. I like a bit of weirdness. I'm talking crass/inappropriate/whattheheckamIwatching strange.) Maybe it's because I don't really watch much tv or movies in general.

    So thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!