Briana rode with two of her friends, Deana and Emily. They thought it was super cool when they identified Deana's house from the air.
Kiana and Tyrell were a little disappointed they didn't get to ride, but they handled it really well. I think it's good for kids to get those life lessons that 1) they don't always get what they want and 2) there are privileges that come with getting older and sometimes you just have to wait your turn. (whoops, just slipped onto my soapbox a little bit).
Everyone got to tour the entire airport and be a part of a pre-flight inspection. Here Easton and his friend, Levi, are getting a lesson from the pilot about how all the controls work.
Kiana and her little friend, Anessa, (sorry, phone pictures!) get their turn in the cockpit.
The pilots were very patient and thorough with the kids, explaining everything from the scientific elements of flight to the parts of the airplane like aileron, elevator and rudder to why the fuel is blue. They even removed the outer shell that covered the engine so the kids could look inside and showed them how to check the oil. It was a wonderful and educational field trip for all ages.
Easton was particularly intrigued. One of his requests for his birthday (which we celebrated early with family members) was a Lego kit to build airplanes and he put this airplane together in just two days. He told Alan he wants to be an airplane mechanic when he grows up. I don't know if he'll stick with that or not, but I can certainly see him being successful in that field.





What a neat field trip! I love the pictures of Easton...you can tell how excited he is about the whole experience! So fun! Glad you had a good week.
ReplyDeleteCan you homeschool me? Pretty pleeeeaaase?
ReplyDeleteNO! I have summer fever! I don't want to homeschool the kids I have already.
DeleteOk, ok, maybe next fall, but no more whining.