I'm curious for your vote. Do you find medical sort of stuff cool, or gross?
I have an ingrown fngernail. I'm sure it's from chewing my fingernails (again! I had quit the habit, and have recently started again).
In this picture, it hurt terribly. It was a constant throb of pain. I soaked it in salt water several times a day for a couple days, and put garlic on it to draw out infection. Then my handy-dandy husband punctured the yellow line along my nail and released quite a lot of pus. (I spared you that picture. You're welcome).
It was much better after that. While tender to the touch, it no longer throbbed with pain. It was healing, even as it looked strange from the peeling skin caused by the heat of the infection. I put frankincense on it twice a day for yes, we jumped on that essential oil bandwagon along with everyone else.
Then I was making butter a couple days ago and nearly dropped my bowl. In my desperate save (for yes, I did save the butter) I managed to SMASH the same finger.
Hello new throbbing and blood blister!
It looks terrible. Truly, it looks worse than this picture communicates. We have punctured it one more time and released a LOT more pus. (If I have to do it again, ok, I promise, I'll get a picture!)
Destry tells me I need to go to the doctor or he is not going to feel sorry for me when my finger has to be amputated. I say it's itching now, so it's healing fine. What do you think?


I think Destry might have a good head on his shoulders;) How much schooling did Dr Kevorkian...ooops I mean Dr Alan complete???
ReplyDeleteI'll have you know, it's fine now --perfectly healed! giggle
Delete