Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On My Nightstand for February

I've been plugging right along with my list of books I want to read in 2015, and I'm hoping to cross off at least one more in February, or maybe two.  I'm not setting very high reading goals for February because. . .

insert happy dance here. . .

my hubby and I are going on the Love Like You Mean It cruise!  We will be gone for almost a week, and while I love my kiddos dearly, I am terribly excited to have some special time with my man.  Since he isn't nearly the reader I am, I doubt we will spend much time lounging on the deck of the ship with our noses in books (although that also sounds like a delightful vacation!).  I will probably still read on the plane as he tends to doze while flying, but that will likely be all the reading I will accomplish that week, and that is just fine with me.

What's On Your Nightstand


So without further ado, here are the books I'm planning to read during the month of February:



  • I Am Malala:  The Girl Who Stood up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
I have had this one on my list for quite some time and am determined to read it this month.  I selected it for my local discussion group to give myself some accountability and I am really looking forward to it.



  • Tender Warrior: God's Intention for a Man by Stu Weber
I'm pre-reading this book for my 17-year-old son.  It came highly recommended by someone I trusted (I just can't remember who that was!), and I'm finally getting around to it.


  • A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet by Sophie Hudson
This one was free for my Kindle, and I'm thinking it might be a fun, light read for the airplane.  If you have a great recommendation for another vacation book, I would love to pack another one along!




I'm not expecting to have lots of time to finish these, but I hope to start The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer in preparation for Carrie's Bookclub and I will be starting Great Expectations by Charles Dickens with Destry for his literature studies.

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who refers to her husband as a "Tender Warrior" but I had no idea it was a book. Curious to hear what you think about that one when you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!