As you walk in the front door (pictured on the left) you come into a large living room. I have this divided into two 'areas' and I love it! The area I'm standing in to take the picture has a cozy little corner with a bookshelf, the entertainment center, and the sectional couch forming a little square. The area in front of the fireplace is not yet finished, but I have a vision of an area rug, a vintage love seat (found it at a used furniture store and am doing the Dave Ramsey thing by pretending I don't want it as badly as I do hoping they will accept my offer, giggle, kinda fun) facing the fireplace, two overstuffed chairs on either side to form a little square with a big ottoman in the middle. That's right, folks, this is my "book nook" just waiting for a friend to come over, kick the feet up on the ottoman, eat chocolate, and discuss some great read in front of the fireplace!
Then the door beside the fireplace leads into a sunroom which boasts another fireplace. It's not a large room, and I didn't get a good picture of it, but this might give you an idea. I was facing the east here, and there are windows all along the east, south, and west sides of the room. This room is our hobby room and I am deliriously excited about it. The piano and violin are stored and practiced in this room, and I have a 'sewing table' picked out (also at the used furniture store) to place along that east wall for Briana to set up her crafts or for Destry to build his Titanic model or with Legos and other activities which need protection from little hands. The hobby room is for Briana and Destry to pursue their many interests.
The dining room just might be my favorite room in the house. I think the woodwork is stunning and the built-ins like the buffet are like little treasures scattered throughout the house.
Below is one of the beautiful built-in storage cupboards in the hallway.
The kitchen is filled with cupboards and storage. This house is so homey and full of character. If it was on fifteen acres, I think we would be begging our landlords to sell it to us!
The girls got the upstairs bedroom along with most of the toys. We've already had friends come over to visit and they had fun playing upstairs and sliding down the stairway on their bellies.
These are the only rooms I took pictures of, but it will give you an idea and I'll try to get more pictures later this week.I am feeling especially blessed today as the Lord has been providing so many welcoming opportunities for us. I have connected with some great ladies from the local homeschool group and the children thoroughly enjoyed a skating party yesterday afternoon. We are being richly blessed, welcomed, and encouraged by our new church family and Alan's job is very enjoyable and stress-free for him. I have been so touched by all those who have welcomed us, invited us into their homes, brought us food, helped us unload and unpack, brought us cookies and a friendly smile. . .





Thanks for the house tour! So glad to hear that you are building relationships already!!!!
ReplyDeleteOne more thing - would love to hear about the things you did to make the move with your kiddos!.
ReplyDeleteOh, that fireplace in the sunroom is lovely. I'm excited for you--it is so fun to make a place "your own," regardless of how long you stay!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! And what a blessing to have that lovely hobby room! So glad you are settling in nicely with new friends and enjoying your new home already.
ReplyDeleteI think the wood in there is BEAUTIFUL! Love it! Thanks for the mini tour. ;) Hope you are settling in well.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful home for a beautiful family. Do you have room for me? :) Even better is to hear how God is answering prayers in connecting you with like-minded families in your new home.
ReplyDelete