Friday, July 6, 2012

Playing Hair Day

I'm thinking Briana is the best big sister ever.
Kiana was playing with her favorite doll (which just so happens to be my Mandy from when I was a little girl) and asked Briana to help her fix her baby's hair with beads.
Briana patiently sectioned the doll's hair, braided it, and let Kiana choose heart beads to put on the ends of the braids.
Kiana thought she was such big stuff loading the beads on the "beader" to help.
It just tickles me that she is so matter-of-fact about this being a style her doll needs to have, just like her.
Notice the band-aid obsession is still alive and well in our family--even for dollies.
But more than that, I am tickled with Briana's sweet, servant heart that gave up doing what she might have liked to do for an hour to serve and play with her little sister.  I treasure these moments they have together as my children are so quickly growing up.

3 comments:

  1. Kiana's hair is beautiful; why wouldn't she want her doll to have the same? And I feel like I could learn a thing or two from Briana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Those will be precious memories for them to look back on, as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!