I've learned some things since then. Children grow up--really, really fast. These sweet, innocent childhood delights are precious and something to be enjoyed. A box of "cool" Band-Aids costs less than $2. Aside from the time I found Easton and Kiana hiding under the crib in the midst of a pile of Band-Aid wrappers and covered with Scooby-Doo and Dora, (I have to admit it--I laughed--although I ducked around the corner to do so, then came back to admonish them for 'sneaking' their Band-Aids!) I let them use a Band-Aid whenever they have the urge.
So, our new boxes are Cars and Princesses.
Godliness with contentment is great gain.
Having food and raiment, let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6.
Having food and raiment, let us be therewith content.
1 Timothy 6.
I asked Levi what he wanted Santa to bring him and he said, "a present". What kind of present I asked, "A Christmas Present", he responded. I love that he doesn't care what, if anything, is in the box as long as its wrapped up with a pretty bow and he gets to open it.
ReplyDeleteAs a bandaid rationer, this may be a valuable lesson :)
ReplyDeleteOooh--another Bandaid rationer says "Thanks for sharing." (It took me a while to let my kids mix Play-doh colors, too, but I AM learning.)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny the silly things we think are scuh big deals??? I too ration band-aids...and MUST see blood to be able to enjoy them....and make them keep them on half the day if they do finally get one.....seems so silly....and I don't let the kids mix play dough either! Although we end up throwing it away when it's hard...why not enjoy it to it's fullest while it's in good "working" condition...and right now the kids want gum...again....why is it never ok to have a piece of gum???? :) Fun post!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I have strep....may want to have Tyrell checked if he gets sick again...maybe he had a touch over thanksgiving????? I'm feeling better, but if he felt anything like I have, I feel even more sorry for him than I did!
Corin--I hear you, and I love how easy they are!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, Karen, Shayla--I'm chuckling that I'm not the only tightwad with Band-Aids! Yes, learn the lesson earlier than I did, and have fun with those kiddos. And for Pete's sake, let them mix the Play-Doh!! giggle I didn't let B and D either, of course, and I rationed fingerpaints, craft supplies. . .the list goes on! Then I had to throw away stuff that was dried up because I didn't let them use it!!! Sigh. . .
Cute -- I remember you mentioning the former episode too. ;)
ReplyDelete