I'm picturing this set of four pictures arranged somehow in the sitting room/library. (Whatcha think, Marcy?? tee, hee)
Oh, I'm sorry, am I getting ahead of myself here? I am happy to share that I have thrown away the stacks and stacks of sheets depicting homes for sale by realtor and by owner because we have found a delightful little acreage that we can't wait to move into.
I don't have pictures yet as everything isn't final--the property is in an estate and they will be selling the 80-years-worth of occupancy the first weekend in August. We hope to be moved in by September 1. Just know that we are excited for the 4 bedroom (6 BR potential!), large kitchen (with lots of cupboards and countertop), beautiful dining room, gorgeous living room, sitting room/library (oooh, I can't wait!!), etc. This house has tons of living space which is perfect for the way our family interacts and also quite well-suited for practicing hospitality. I'm looking forward to fall get-togethers, especially imagining cookouts on the deck that spans three sides of the house, and Alan can't wait for a "project" to fill the large garage/shed. I'm trying to decide if I'll still have time for a fall garden, and Alan is sure we can raise chickens to butcher before winter arrives. We aren't going to worry about any other animals until next spring, but Alan loves his birds strutting around (and eggs and a freezer full of meat!) so chickens may get to move in before we do!
It's going to be so grand to actually unpack all those boxes piled in the basement and not have to make trips down to do a mad search for an item I've decided I need right now.




So exciting--congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI can 'hear' your excitement!!!! Sounds like you are in the planning stage and really enjoying it. Congrats (almost!) on the new house!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I am so happy for you and your family! Is the new home fairly close to where you have been living?
ReplyDeleteYes, Jenna, a mere 10 minutes south. This move will be shorter and thus easier. . .right?? :)
DeleteSo happy for you! Sounds like you've found the perfect place to raise your family.
ReplyDelete~Deb
Thanks Deb! Yes, it's really a blessing in so many ways!
DeleteI can hardly wait!.....although August and September seem so far away! Will be fun to make memories creating a new home for you guys. Painting always makes memories right?! Now for the bad news......you still have to pack everything up even though its only 10miles south:) Really excited for you! And it looks like you are having fun garage saling!! Love you
ReplyDeleteMarcy--giggle, cuz any memories involving painting in our experience will definitely include a fair amount of laughter! :) And you know how time flies--Aug/Sept will be here before we know it! Love you too!
DeleteCongrats! I can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! So happy you've found a wonderful place to settle in and start making more wonderful memories with your precious family. I will pray that the move is smooth. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteAHHH!! Congratulations! That's so exciting!
ReplyDeletesee? it's like you ARE moving back to "living history farms"! :)
ReplyDeleteha! True that! :)
DeleteYay! I'm so happy for you! How exciting! Can't wait to see pics, and I know you'll be glad for more space in and out, and ready to feel more "settled."
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your family visiting--there will be plenty of room for us all! ;)
DeleteIt will be fun to see it in person! And you all, of course!
DeleteCute stuff, too. :)
ReplyDelete