I want to get to know YOU better. Take a couple minutes to complete this inventory and then leave me a comment sharing what animal is listed under your highest total--and you could even list your two highest for extra fun. (rubbing hands together in anticipation)
Gary Smalley and Dr. John Trent's Personality Inventory
Keep track of the number of words or phrases in each section that describe
a consistent character trait of yours in your home.
Likes authority * takes charge * determined * confident * firm * enterprising * competitive * enjoys challenges * problem solver * productive * bold * purposeful, goal-driven * decision maker * adventurous * strong willed * independent, self-reliant * controlling * persistent * action oriented
LION "Let's do it now!"
Enthusiastic * takes risks * visionary * motivator * energetic * very verbal * promoter * friendly, mixes easily * enjoys popularity * fun-loving * likes variety * spontaneous * enjoys change * creative, new ideas * group oriented * optimistic * initiator * infectious laughter * inspirational
OTTER "Trust me! It'll work out!"
Sensitive feelings * loyal * calm, even keel * non-demanding * avoids confrontations * enjoys routine * dislikes change * warm and relational * gives in * indecisive * dry humor * adaptable * sympathetic * thoughtful * nurturing * patient * tolerant * good listener * peace maker
GOLDEN RETRIEVER "Let's keep things the way they are."
Enjoys instructions * accurate * consistent * controlled * reserved * predictable * practical * orderly * factual * conscientious * perfectionistic * discerning * detailed * analytical * inquisitive * precise * persistent * scheduled * sensitive
BEAVER "How was it done in the past?"
Each personality type, of course, has its strengths and weaknesses. In general:
Lions are leaders, decisive, bottom line, problem-solvers, not conversational.Otters are fun-loving, entertainers, net workers, motivators, creative, talkers.Retrievers are loving, nurturing, loyal, good listeners, encouragers.Beavers are hard-working, detailed, accurate, focused on quality.
On the other hand, being aware of our weaknesses allow us opportunity to work on them:
Lions: Be softer and more gentle and include others when making decisions.Otters: Think before you speak, and consider consequences before you act.Retrievers: Practice saying no and making firm decisions.Beavers: Learn to relax and don’t expect others to do things just like you.
So, who are you? I'll let you know how I scored in the comments in a day or two. Meanwhile, if you'd like to guess which animal represents me, that would be fun too! :)
Apparently I'm a beaver. I'm also going CRAZY over the glaring spelling error on the Smalleys' website.
ReplyDeleteYes, I would "absolutley" peg you as a beaver. giggle
DeleteHa ha (so not funny) ha.
DeleteRetriever, but kind of a mix of everything. No wonder I'm so complicated!
ReplyDeleteTee, hee, I hear you! I sometimes can't even understand MYSELF, let alone to expect anyone else to "get" me. :) I love you just as you are!
DeleteOh. dear. I am a very CLEAR *LION*. Emphatically so. An otter is the runner up but the Lion leads the way. And I'm no where near a Golden Retriever or a Beaver. :)
ReplyDeleteA lion, hmmmmm! That's fun, and not quite what I expected. Good to "know" you better! :)
DeleteIf anyone is still reading this a week or so later, I was a high beaver with lion not far behind.
ReplyDeleteI scored very highly golden retriever with beaver as a strong second. Sounds about right :O) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete