Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Good Clean Fun

I love seeing my kids with their new friends they've been making since our move to Iowa.  I think the friendships they are forming are high on the long list of blessings we've been granted through the experience.  Isn't it just like the Lord to give *better* than what we previously had?
I got an especially big kick out of Destry and his friend Jerrit last week.  They went down a mud road and had typical, teenaged-boy-fun. They were rather sheepish when they got back and Destry said "uh, we kinda went muddin'".  I think they wondered if they would be reprimanded.  They seemed both surprised and relieved when we just laughed.
First of all, how funny they looked on their "tough" vehicles--a moped and a mini bike!
Secondly, why would we get mad?  Clothes wash.  But memories and friendships are priceless.  I'm looking forward to seeing what these two come up with next!

5 comments:

  1. I was laughing at how tough their rides were- particularly the wire basket and bright orange flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Looks like those two are having lots of fun. I totally cracked up at the difference between their rides:) And from the looks of their clothes I'd say they had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's true, the diff between their bikes is funny too. I thought they were both funny vehicles for mudding in the first place and didn't even compare them. Fun guys!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!