No, there's no big bad wolf.
But we do now have three little pigs named Toot, Puddle and Snuggle.
I wonder if other people do this. We've once again named our pigs after characters in picture books.
While all the kids enjoy feeding the pigs, it is primarily Easton's responsibility to daily carry them their corn, feed, slop, and water.
He also bears the ultimate responsibility of making sure both latches are securely fastened so the pigs won't escape their building.
Sometimes he is generous enough to share the joys of scooping. . .
and carrying the feed. . .
and pouring food. . .
into the appropriate dish.
Alan's initial reason for getting the pigs was so he didn't feel so wasteful by simply disposing of our scraps. We have a compost pile started, but that's just not as beneficial in his mind as fattening hogs for the freezer. I'm not going to complain when I'm eating all that yummy sausage and pork chops.









I've never named my pigs after characters in a book. Then again, I haven't had a pig since I was very young, and he had the rather uninspired name of "Wilbur." Sometimes I wish we had pigs. Then I remember that hogs were my least favorite part of the farm.
ReplyDeleteStill, sausage!
Well, Wilbur is a very famous character. . . :)
DeleteI don't love the pigs either, but Alan does, and I like to eat them!
Your little kids are getting SO grown up! Could you just freeze them so they stop growing?! Easton looks so responsible:)
ReplyDeleteThe picture of Easton in front of your house looks just like the old house...and I bet there's a picture of Destry looking oh so grown up that looks just like it! So glad you guys have a mini farm going for my kids to enjoy again! :)
ReplyDeleteI thought it did too, Shayla!
DeleteWhat a fun way to raise food and teach responsibility! Delicious...I mean cool.
ReplyDelete;) I like it too!
DeleteI'm further impressed. What next? Alpaca?!
ReplyDelete