Friday, July 11, 2014

Your God is Too Safe

Your God is Too SafeYour God is Too Safe by Mark Buchanan

I thought this was outstanding.  I took my dear sweet time reading it to let the truths sink in.

He is also a wordsmith--I always enjoy authors who use words with such precision and poetry.  In addition to savoring his points, I frequently had to savor the way he expressed them.

I loved his analogy of the borderland where the "saved but not sanctified" reside.  I was going to highlight some of my favorite points, but it turns out I can't narrow it down to three or four.  I'm really glad I own this because I'm going to need to read it again sometime.  It has been a true blessing to me during this season.


2 comments:

  1. Ok, I need this book. I will add it to the stack of "to read".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to chat this one out with you, Kat!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!