AS FOR ME, I'M:
realizing Briana and Destry will be out on their own before I know it. More and more often, we have just four children with us when we go places. Wondering if we've made the best use of the time we've had.
checking the calendar multiple times a day. April is always full of opportunities, and I have to keep checking what dates are available while deciding what all we can handle.
remembering why I'm doing what I do. It's easy to get caught up in the day-in and day-out of homeschooling, but we had a Moms' Night Out meeting of homeschooling moms last week and I was reminded that it's all about pointing my children to their Savior and keeping their hearts. Academics are important, I'm not saying they aren't, but they aren't the MOST important.
reading several books at once, as usual. I'm reading Great Expectations with Destry for literature, Unwind on the recommendation of a couple friends, and trying to finish Raising Real Men. We also have one week left on our book study of The Prodigal God.
anticipating homeschool conference season. I'm a homeschool conference junkie! Alan and I are going to one in Kansas City the end of this month, and then a good friend and I are going to the conference in Des Moines. Two is always better than one!
watching Aryana learn something new each day. She stands up in the middle of the floor, but has yet to take her first steps. She'll be one next week!
trying to write in my subject journal at least 3-4 times a week. A good friend shared her Bible study journal which is divided into subjects, and I couldn't resist pulling one together for myself. I think it's the neatest idea, to study a subject off and on and build my understanding "line upon line, precept upon precept".
cooking has been scarce of late. I have been using several freezer meals lately, but Briana and I just worked up a new menu plan and went grocery shopping. Some tasty meals in our near future will include Cranberry Mushroom Brisket and Lamb Roast with Plum Sauce. I'm actually ready to cook something yummy again, and a plan always makes me feel better.
eating at Bonefish Grill with my husband and our friends, the Knights, this weekend because we got coupons! Yummy!
looking at colleges. Destry has visited UMKC (Kansas City, MO) and Drake University (Des Moines, IA) He still wants to check out the University of Iowa (Iowa City) and Indiana University (Indianapolis). He's interested in music, music, music (what else?!).
![]() |
| Destry dominated the teen boy races last year, hat and all |
![]() |
| Kiana's softball throw last year |
![]() |
| Tyrell's race (he's to the right) |
sharing my home. Freezer cooking, hosting a party to welcome new friends, hosting the book study of The Prodigal God, hosting a planning meeting for the Track and Field Day. I tell the kids to pick things up and they immediately ask "Who's coming over?" That's what our home is for, right? (and it does help keep things picked up!)






LOVE LOVE LOVE you and your family!!!!
ReplyDeleteAND you found time to write a blog post? What's my excuse, again?
ReplyDeleteI think the next time I hear someone ask something like, "But what about SOCIALIZATION in homeschool kids?" I'm going to point them toward this blog. Is it weird that I'm defensive of homeschooling when I don't homeschool my own kids?
Thanks for being an ally, Kristy! I'll cheerfully accept whatever support you'd like to give! :)
Delete