Friday, February 5, 2016

Savor: January

I have a goal this year, to record a few things I savored each month.  I meant to do this earlier, but hey!  We're still in the first week of February, so it's not too late to record January's savorable moments.

Savor:  taste and enjoy completely, enjoy or appreciate completely, 
especially by dwelling on it to delight in



Friendship is very important to me, and I got to savor some wonderful moments with great friends  Misti and Caren (ironically, they seemed to involve food too!).

My baby is growing up, but has had a couple days this month in which she just needed extra mommy time.  I chose to savor the moments and reverted to babywearing.  She loved being up on my back.


Tyrell is doing a great job learning to read, and thinks he is teaching Aryana to read with him. She repeats everything back to him just as he says it.  It is about the most precious thing I've ever seen.

Savoring. . .

My dear, dear friend and sister-in-law, Marcy, and I slipped away for a fine. dining. experience!!! (With the accompanying price tag! whoops and giggle) We had a wonderful evening of sharing and recharging which I savored immensely (and yes, I savored that Sashimi Tuna as well, mmmm!).


Puppies. How the children loved on those puppies in January before they went to their new homes!  So sweet.


Briana came over for supper one evening and was bombarded at the door.  So precious.  Savoring these moments of sibling love.


Destry and Kiana parked on the heat register reading Odyssey magazines together, ages 18 and 8.  Knowing this time next year Destry will not be living here and I won't see these precious moments.  Savoring. . .

2 comments:

  1. tears in my eyes as I see all the sibling love including sibling in law love between you and your sister in law. BEAUTIFUL! You are doing a great job, Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! Every bit of it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!