Friday, August 5, 2016

Dr. Seuss Party 2016

I realize Dr. Seuss's birthday, and our party celebrating him, was back in March.  But we're playing a quick game of  "catch-up-the-blog." This was the third Dr. Seuss party we've had over the years. I had the first one when Briana and Destry were little, then another one three years ago when Easton and Kiana were 5 and 6. When another homeschooling mom mentioned that she would like to do one but didn't have the house for it, I decided to do it again. Easton, Kiana, and Tyrell were 9, 8, and 5. The perfect ages.
Tabitha, Carrie, and Tami brought their kids over along with fun ideas and snacks. Sara's children, unfortunately, got sick so they weren't able to come.
We made books of their footprints, 

fish crafts (with glitter! My kids NEVER get to do that!),
read books, played games,


And ate a themed lunch: pizza pockets, fish sticks, green deviled eggs, ham, goldfish crackers, and fish swimming in hello water.


 It was lots of fun once again. I'm so thankful for friends who pitch in to make fun memories like these.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun!

    My kids also NEVER get to do glitter projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always IS fun! I really should do more parties with other authors.

      Delete
  2. That sounds so fun!

    My kids also NEVER get to do glitter projects. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catch up the blog is an exhausting game to play! What a fun party - I love the theme!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!