Friendship.
I am a friendship sort of person. Some people don't seem to need many friends, but I do. I thoroughly enjoy my people, and this month I got to savor some special moments with special people.
Dear friends John and Amber and their children spent a weekend with us.
My friend Misti made a pitstop on her way from Delaware to Montana. We were both so excited to spend the evening together that we couldn't even look like semi-normal people!

"Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."
John and Amber and Misti have been friends for many years. But I am also savoring the development of newer friendships. Tami, left above, is a new friend and I am treasuring our growing friendship.
I pulled together a few other couples and we did one of those nights where an artist walked us step-by-step through painting a picture. It was an absolute blast!
Neither Alan nor I have a gift for painting, but we had a lot of fun and I treasure this memory. The "lovebirds" hang above the sink in my kitchen.
A night out with the kids to eat sushi.
A rare Sunday afternoon with just my big kids. We slipped out to watch London Has Fallen, a one-guy-takes-on-100-and-wins sort of action flick. These two are busy living their own lives, which is as it should be, but I savor the moments they share with Mom.
And finally, I treasured Kiana's excitement this month as she joyfully announced that she just read this story in a Highlights magazine ALL BY HERSELF! Learning to read has been challenging for her, but she didn't give up, and this was her first experience with the joy of reading. I had to snap a picture as I savored this moment with tears in my eyes.







We thoroughly enjoy you, too. :) How this year is flying by! I must be getting old b/c I feel like I'm saying that all the time lately. ;) So happy for Kiana -- and you! It's such a joy to see them take off with reading. "Savor" is such a good word and really something I need to be intentional about also. Amber
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your savor posts. LOVE them!
ReplyDeleteI am a friendship person too......although my circle is probably smaller than yours. But I LOVE friendship and being with people who I do so enjoy. I treasure those times. (Just got back from a trip to Idaho visiting one such friend and storing up lots of beautiful memories.)
CONGRATULATIONS to Kiana for reading a story ALL BY HERSELF! That's awesome!
I really do love my word for this year--it has helped me focus so much better!
DeleteChuckling at the circle comment--extrovert vs. introvert?? :)