Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mama Bird

I really should have taken before and after pictures. But many of you have been to my house before, so you know! :)
Here is my computer desk--it looks completely different without papers piled all over it. My sweet sil, Marcy, came down this week and we spent two days organizing my house.

I am one of the worst people at 'piling' you will ever meet (my Mom beats me. . .I don't know who else!) Working with Marcy showed me, once again, that people just think differently. I had all this stuff I just didn't know where its home should be. So I would ask her, and she would just KNOW the perfect place--that made absolute sense after she said it! (I think she thought there was something wrong with me that I didn't know it belonged there! LOL--she managed not to say 'duh', but I think she might have thought it a time or two!)
My homeschool cabinet had been taken over by preschool stuff, which is now moved to this darling little cube cabinet. I just love how this looks in my living room! And notice the shelf right above it--no longer piled with medicine for little ones, papers, a skate for Briana's doll. . .This is the spot under the aquarium which was a catch-all area--always a mess!


And check out these clean surfaces!!! These areas are usually piled with stuff that I don't know where else to put it!

Marcy thinks a baby is coming soon--she says I'm nesting. I'm afraid to count on it, but it made the job a little more exciting!!!

8 comments:

  1. tee, hee, I hit return after the title and it posted it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go!!!!!!!!!!! :) i'm a piler too. i dare not take a photo of my desk right now. :D i'll refer back to this post to be inspired at a later day!
    guess what, the pour had to be rescheduled for tomorrow at 1. sniff sniff. i won't be able to make it tomorrow. it feels inevitable but i'm determined to keep planning on coming!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who Marcy is, but could you send her on to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house looks like a tornado hit it, so I'm a tad jealous now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures just make me smile. Are you feeling rested today? Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great sil! i love organization. looks great shonya, now... the hard part! keeping it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that looks so refreshing! And such a far cry from what my house looks like right now, as I sit here in front of stuff piled up to the bottom of the computer screen....:/ What a great sister-in-law is right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!