Easton and Kiana love to listen to me tell the story of 'The Three Little Pigs.' They love to shout out 'Little pig, little pig, let me come in!' followed by 'Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!!' As I huffed and puffed my way through this story yet again today, I could see the wheels spinning in Easton's mind."The big bad wolf won't blow my house in," he said.
Thinking maybe he was a little fearful of this possibility, I reassured him that 'No, you're right, he won't. Daddy works really hard to take care of us, like the pig who built the brick house, and a wolf can't blow our house in.'
He shook his head adamantly and replied, "No! I'm kind. I'll open the door for him if he comes!"
"Oh," I responded, clearly misunderstanding his thought process.
"I'll give him something to eat so he won't be so hungry," he continued. "Like maybe peanut butter and jelly!!"
How cute! I'm glad you're enjoying it much more this time around!
ReplyDeleteCute Easton...very much the Christian thing to do since everybody loves peanut butter and jelly.
ReplyDeleteCan I leave two comments in a row? Is there a rule about that?
ReplyDeleteShonya, I am so glad that you were home reading to your children.
How sad if it had been the babysitter who witnessed this moment. It could have been 'lost.'
Instead, you had a heart-string tying moment that continued the foundation of relationship that you are establishing with your son.
You accomplished a 'great' thing this day!!!
TOTALLY cute!!!! It was the 3's with us too (except for one who's now 13 and still hasn't gone through it...little scared...lol)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweetie! 2 has been the tough age for me. Zahana just turned three and things seem so different. . . except that Rohan just turned two!
ReplyDeleteLiked your cheese post. I've been wanting to make more, but we haven't been able to get the extra milk. I think next week I'll be able to. Now I can go browse through my cheese book and pick out a recipe. :)