Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Zulu Knots Revisited

I hadn't fixed Kiana's hair in this style for quite some time. I forgot how much I like it!! It turned out so cute, and her face is so bright with her hair up like this!!!
It doesn't take too long to fix her hair in zulu knots (otherwise known as Bantu knots). The most time-consuming process is making the parts and separating the hair into sections. Then I just twist each section, wind it upon itself, and secure with a fuzzy. The worst thing about it is it only looks nice for two to three days, but it doesn't take long to redo since the parts are already in place.

It might just be one of my favorite styles of the summer!

6 comments:

  1. Cute, but my first thought it that it looks uncomfortable to sleep in. Is she just used to it and I'm a tender head?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair! You have some talent with the hair! BTW I have been reading all your posts, just lazy about commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckle, I know, but they really are soft and you should see them today--trust me, they have conformed to her sleeping, so they don't hurt her. . .and don't look so great anymore! :)

    And yes, I'd guess a combination of you might have a tender head and she might be used to it--these are softer than the beads, I'm sure, and she has never complained about either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the knots!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, cute, cute!!! i wish my hair could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the knots! So many fun ways to do her hair. I also admit I read alot of post but don't comment very often. 8P Probably a good thing I don't have my own blog. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!