My baby is seven months old today so in honor of the occasion, I thought you might like to see some cuteness!

He now has two teeth on the bottom, which shine ever so cutely when he smiles. Show us your toofums, Tyrell!

His big accomplishments for the month include learning to clap his hands and playing peek-a-boo with anything handy--blanket, burp cloth, toys, mama's hands. . .

He is such a good-natured little baby. He has a bald spot on the back of his head because he is so content he either just lies on his back playing with a toy, his hands, or his feet and cooing, or he just sits and plays. While he is able to roll, he just doesn't choose to. I would guess he has rolled approximately 20 times in the last three months. That's all. He is thinking some about crawling, and is great about spinning around on his belly to get the toys he wants, but for the most part he is just content enough not to be very motivated to move.

This child loves food. I don't know where he puts it, and it's not as if he's burning it off by rolling or crawling all over the house. We fix him a plate of food at mealtimes with the same amount of food we prepare for Easton and Kiana! He chows down on it like we haven't fed him in days murmuring 'mmmmm' between bites. If I don't get the next bite to him quickly enough he lets me know it with a loud squeal (yeah, we're workin' on that!). He has two biological half-brothers and his birthmother told me they loved food really young as well. I'm thinking he is in a hurry to catch up to all his older siblings!
Everyone says Easton looks like his (adoptive) daddy and many have said Kiana makes them think of Briana in some resemblance and mannerisms. There is something about this picture below that makes me think of baby pictures of me. Isn't it amazing how we can have similarities even when we're not related by blood?? (And if you think I'm just imagining seeing myself in this cuteness pictured below, you can keep that to yourself, giggle).

Tyrell loves his mommy--oh how he loves his mommy! And I am simply ga-ga over him. He wraps his little arms around my neck and buries his hand in my hair and wiggles his bottom to get as close as he can. It's hard to get a picture of him because when I get on the floor to take a picture, he just dives for me. He loves the rest of his family, too, and is always game for an older sibling to pack him around, read him books, or sing songs to him.
I can't believe he is seven months old already, but it sure has been a blessed seven months!

In other eye candy news, here is Kiana sporting her latest hairstyle. The back is in several little box braids which are really nice to keep her hair from getting tangled and since I didn't put beads in, it's just a nice protective style. I may put beads in for part of this style's life because she requested beads as she likes to shake her head and hear them clink together.

The front and top of her hair is cornrowed into a "sunburst" pattern for the first time, a style I got from my
favorite haircare source. I'm still not the greatest at cornrows, but I have to admit I'm amazed at the improvement. If you are intimidated by this style for your little one(s) take a tip from a mom who is NOT typically into hair (I don't think I've even combed mine today--just showered and off I went!) and just try it. If I can do it, anyone can!
It took about 30 minutes to do the box braids (Briana was helping me) one day and about 30-45 minutes to do the cornrows the next day. This style will probably last about a month, and I pronounce it adorable!
So..much..cuteness! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. Love those cutie pies! Good job on the hair, Mom!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the hair style! Why to go!! Your skills are impressive!!! Love you, Marcy
ReplyDeleteI meant 'way' to go! ha!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you're crazy...children carry us in their mannerisms--blood or not! He's learned the big, sweet, easy smile from you for sure!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement with Kiana's hair, girls! And Jenn--what an incredibly nice thing to say! :D
ReplyDeleteOh my soooooo cute!!!!!! You have a beautiful family! And thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog x
ReplyDeleteVery cute. Those big brown eyes just melt ya.
ReplyDelete