
The recent gorgeous weather has seen us spending lots of time outside enjoying the simplicity of life. Destry and Alan have been overhauling an old lawnmower to make it into a 'pulling tractor'. A friend of ours spiffed it all up with fancy lettering! Doesn't it look cool? They are super excited about it.

They named it "Here it comes" after a guy on Uncle Jon's boxing game--because father and son go around echoing that phrase just like the boxer says it. Father/son bonding takes all sorts of interesting forms. . .

Kiana and Easton have inherited the responsibility of gathering eggs. I'm just happy to have egg production back up, even as I have 5-6 dozen eggs in the refrigerator right now (it's always either too many or not enough!). They are so proud to show me their bounty--and are surprisingly good at getting them safely to the house and in the egg cartons.


We sold a good bunch of lambs Saturday and are grateful for the good market (in spite of the $1900 Alan couldn't help reflecting that he lost from dead lambs this year). Lamb money pays the property taxes for the farm each year, and Alan now has operating money in his farm account again.

The bottle lambs, Missy and Roscoe, went to the sale along with the other lambs. The kids love having bottle lambs who act more like dogs than lambs, following them around the yard.

The silly things simply wouldn't stay inside the fence away from their people. They stayed in the yard, however, and didn't run off down the road.

These are such sweet moments to treasure.
Love the little moments. :) I remember gathering eggs as a child. Maybe someday we can come visit and give my kiddos a chance to experience that.
ReplyDeleteOhhhh! I just love your pictures and hope someday I get to give you all hugs! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLorri and Kat--yes, I would love both options! Lorri lives closer, so I see that happening sooner! :) giggle
ReplyDeleteLovely!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of the pulling tractor in action. What a fun father/son project!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't get any better than this! Love you! Marcy
ReplyDeleteDon't you love that father-son bonding thing?
ReplyDeleteYour lambs (and their little companion) are just precious!
And yes, feel free to link to the post you asked about in your comment. Thanks -- and Happy Easter!
Corin, it really has been a fun project for them! Marcy, it really does make a person feel blessed, doesn't it?! Laura, thank you so much! :)
ReplyDeleteVery nice pictures and moments. :)
ReplyDelete