
This mama is in shock that Easton turned five on Sunday. Five is so big, you know--he's moving out of the 'preschool' stage. I'm not sure I'm ready for this. It's so funny with successive children--with my first two I was excited for each new stage, almost pushing them into it. I was eager for them to roll over, to crawl, to walk, to talk, to ride a bike. . .But now, with my younger children, I'm aware of how quickly time flies and I cherish each stage.
So, as we leave the 'preschooler' stage with Easton, I'll enjoy this new chapter as he learns to ride a bike without training wheels, as he learns to read, as he starts to claim a little independence. And I relish the joy that radiates from him as he soaks up special days and events and accomplishments.
For his birthday, he requested a racecar cake. And he wanted to have friends over for a weenie roast. He enjoyed every minute of his big day.

Daddy set up a race course for the kids. I had no idea this would be such a hit! I would say they raced 20 times, but I'm afraid of exaggerating by a couple of races.

Some of the big kids had to have a turn too. . .the father/son competition was fierce! chuckle

Easton was thrilled with his presents--he's so joyful about any gift he receives.

He was especially glad for the Bible and Bible cover he specifically requested for his birthday.

And we all know how he feels about trains!

I am so grateful for this special little boy God has given me!
LOVE that cake! Kudos to you on the creativity!
ReplyDeleteAnd we're Thomas fans around these parts as well. =)
Carrie--Parents magazine, May 1996. Giggle There are benefits to not throwing things away!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Easton!
ReplyDeleteSo the case was good????? Glad he enjoyed then day without us....I was feeling bad!
ReplyDeleteFIVE???? wow! i love the race track alan created. the picture of alan and destry is absolutely priceless:)
ReplyDelete