Saturday, July 6, 2013

Softball Fun for All

My three older kids thoroughly enjoyed homeschool softball.  Alan and I think it's perfect too.

 They had all games on Tuesday nights in our local town from 6:15-10ish.  We didn't have to travel all over the country and we didn't have different kids in different towns on the same night.  Oh, and it was cheaper for all three to play than for just one to play Little League.


Another thing we liked about it was the sense of fellowship.  The kids were all friends who enjoyed learning and playing together.  I had two different people comment to me that Briana and Destry were such encouragers.  I much prefer that atmosphere than one of extreme competitiveness.  The parents enjoyed the fellowship with one another as well, rather than criticizing coaches and yelling at umpire calls.


They were really such a nice group of kids.  We had some concerns the last year that Destry played Little League.  The world can be such a rough place!  Both the other boys and the coaches had terrible language.  We overheard a couple of inappropriate conversations from some of the teen boys too, and the sportsmanship was simply terrible.  Playing softball with the homeschooled kids has been a welcome change as they for the most part profess to be following Christ.

Easton turned out to be quite the little hitter.  Here he is actually hitting a triple way out into left center.  He still needs to work on his fielding skills, but he loves it.

3 comments:

  1. I played softball as a kid and LOVED it. My team name? The Tuffies.

    I don't think that's one that a person can EVER live down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those last two action shots of Easton!

    I NEVER played any kind of sport as a kid unless forced, so I really can't imagine what it's like in the world of children's sports. I've heard it can be pretty rough, which just seems... I don't know, just so silly. I'm really not sure how I'm going to handle all that when our kids get old enough to participate in those activities. Pray they get my non-athletic genes? I'm pretty sure Derek would kill me if that actually happened.
    P.S. It's late and I get really stupid when it's late so if all these comments make no sense, well, let's just blame it on that, mmkay?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!