Thursday, September 5, 2013

Tyrell, Back to School

I realize that at age 3 Tyrell isn't really "back to school", but I've done posts on each of the other kids, so I thought he needed one as well. 

For this little boy, learning is constantly in session.  All of my kids have pestered me with the ubiquitous "why", but I'm pretty sure he has questioned me more than all the other kids did combined!  He is curious about every single thing, from the names of every person we meet to the details of pictures in a book to what we're going to have for supper to what we're doing tomorrow to who made each dish on the table to the correct terminology for farming implements to. . .well, you get the idea.  We get such a kick out of him and he is always good for a smile, especially when he turns those sparkling, mischievous eyes on you.
He has had a busy summer running around with friends, playing outside, helping mommy and daddy work in the garden, and swimming.  He has no fear in the pool (which is a little bit scary to mama!) and loves to jump off the ladder into the water then emerge with his face soaking wet, droplets of water hanging from his eyelashes, and grinning from ear to ear. 
The one thing he does NOT like about swimming is when the water is a little too cool, or if there is a breeze that makes him cold in his wet clothes.  It's at these times that he gets out of the pool to lie on the hot sidewalk to warm up.  What a funny boy!
As a preschooler, he is fascinated with cutting and gluing, reading books, and getting into whatever anyone else is doing.   He is markedly better at getting things out than he is at putting things away, and he prefers to play with others rather than by himself.  At the same time, when he plays with others, I constantly have to monitor the situation to teach him not to take things away and for everyone to use their kind words rather than screaming at one another or hitting.  His primary "curriculum" for this year will be reading character books with mommy and learning Bible verses and Bible stories with daddy.
Other than that, his work is his play--the world is his classroom.  I'm sure it will be a fun but busy year because he is a fun but busy boy!

5 comments:

  1. I just can't believe how old he looks! He sounds like a sweet handful. I mean that in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, perfect description. I enjoy him and love him to pieces--and he wears me out. ;)

      Delete
  2. Darling little guy. Cute, him sunning himself on the pavement as though he were a little lizard, ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!