It sounds a little like a Dr. Seuss title, doesn't it?
Yet it's not a fun thought. I'm trying to walk in faith, trusting the Lord. And the truth is, I'm getting ridiculously excited for another baby to join our family.
Especially when I get fun little packages in the mail like this pile of burp cloths from a friend who has committed to praying us through this journey. (giggle and tee hee)
But I have this little niggling of fear in the back of my head. For those of you who have been around for awhile, you'll remember that our past adoptions have gone really fast. So fast, in fact, that we haven't really been matched with expectant mothers until the baby was born, or right before the birth. Easton was three weeks old. We met Kiana's birthmom the day before Kiana was born. And we had been in conversation with Tyrell's birthmom the last week or so of her pregnancy, but she didn't choose us to parent him until he was four days old.
Then there was Cleara who chose us to parent her baby a couple of months before the baby was born. We decorated the baby's room, some friends had a baby shower, I had my freezer full of meals. . .and she decided to have her mom parent the baby.
Cleara's baby was due March 17, 2010.
Abigail's baby is due March 22.
Gulp.
Learning to trust one day at a time. . .
and trying not to think.

That's what I get for not visiting you often enough -- I missed this AWESOME news! So excited for you and your family, Shonya. I'll be praying for your family, for this babe, and for Abigail. Blessings all around!
ReplyDelete:) Welcome back, Laura! Thank you so much for your prayers (and I"m looking forward to seeing grandbaby pics on YOUR blog! grin).
DeleteI did remember Cleara and her baby, which I think is why God has us so committed to praying you through this one!! He's got this. Love to you all!!
ReplyDelete(hug) I love that the Lord is keeping us close to you in your heart and prayers. Thank you so much, friend!!
DeleteI'd forgotten when exactly Cleara's baby was due. You continue in our prayers. Nothing like motherhood to help us learn that we aren't in control. Of course you know it's in God's hands, every time, no matter what similarities or differences to another time. He will help you through whatever comes. Perhaps He has in mind to bring a comfort and joy to that time of year for you, while you continue to remember Cleara and her baby as well through the years.
ReplyDeleteYes, thank you for those words, Amber. That's exactly right and just the reminder I needed to hear. "Of course it's in God's hands, every time, no matter what similarities or differences to another time." They have the echo of experience and previous lessons learned too, my friend. Taking it to heart.
DeleteI had a little panic attack when I read the title of this post: I have *lots* of thoughts that I try not to think. It felt like you were reading my mind there for a second. Anyway, even after actually reading the post, I still feel a little wrenched, so I'm doing the only thing I know to do, which is pray.
ReplyDeleteHeh, heh, yes, I would guess we both "think too much", as my husband would say. I'm definitely feeling grateful that so many have us covered in prayer!
DeleteOh Shonya, we are praying for you continuously over here. Learning to trust is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and I have appreciated having you as an example as I learn that lesson in my life. I just want you to know that I understand, not exactly the same way, but I understand that trusting when things are out of your control is hard. We will continue praying! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, dear friend! I agree, trusting is hard. You would think I would have conquered any inclination to worry by now, wouldn't you?! He is always, always faithful!
DeleteI too had thought of that.....but love what Amber said! I just finished (in a day) Sacred Acre, the story of Ed Harris and if you haven't read it you should! GREAT book....anyhow...a quote (of many) I wrote down "Being a Christian does not mean we will always win and be exempt from adversity, disappointments in life and problems. Being a Christian is hard." That's just one of many encouraging quotes in the book BTW. We're praying for your family and for Abigail and the new baby.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of that book--will have to add it to my unbelievably long list! :) That quote is so true and it's good for us to be reminded of it. Life isn't meant to be easy. Thanks for praying!!
DeleteI can understand the fear. And the desire not to think.
ReplyDeleteJust had some friends who had an adoption fall through this past week. Was going to look up your post on the subject and send them to you.
Will be praying about this emotion for you until you are holding this baby in your arms.