Friday, March 12, 2010

Bruised

Failed adoption.

That's the term for it. Cleara has decided she wants her mom to raise her baby, not us. Ouch. It hurts. What it means is no baby to hold, no baby to lie in that crib, no baby to cuddle and sing to and rock.

So strange--this is the first time we've had two months of notice and waiting. This is the first time we've decorated a room in preparation to adopt a baby; the first time we've had packed suitcases sitting by the door; the first time we've had twelve meals frozen in the freezer for my mom and the kids while we are gone.

Ironic this would be the first failed adoption, hmmmm?

I'm sure we'll see God's perfect plan at some point, but at the moment it is beyond me.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, Shonya, I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Shonya, I will continue to pray for you and your family. Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)

    My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word. (Psalm 119:28)

    Why are you downcast, 0 my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. (Psalm 43:5)

    He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. (Psalm 112:7)

    Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. (Luke 6:21)

    I think God's Word says it better than I could express. We love you and are praying for you as you venture out on this GOD walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Shonya. We will continue to be in prayer for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is breaking for you...just shattered. I'm praying for you and cherish your friendship...May God's hand comfort you and your family....

    ReplyDelete
  6. still praying for you...for comfort and peace and hope. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have no words, shonya! i have hugs and prayers! i'm so sorry! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm lacking the 'right' words tonight. We love you and feel bummed out for you. What I do know is that God will speak very clearly to you in this season. HE will have something special for you despite your dissapointment and even pain. It will be a transforming time. May your JOY in the Lord remain unchanged as Satan attempts to steal your joy by undermining your peace. Lots of love and prayers! Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((hugs)) i will be saying an extra prayer tonight for everyone involved. your faith is strong and I know that you will turn to Him no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry Shonya. I'll be praying for you and for this baby, who has just missed a wonderful oportunity to be blessed by you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shonya- There are no words. ((hugs)) & prayers. I do feel though that this precious baby girl needs our prayers now more than ever. Your strength amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry! I actually gasped when I read this! I will pray for you, your family, and for that sweet little girl that hearts will be mended, minds will be eased, and everyone will be taken care of spiritually and physically.

    Hang in there, Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!