Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Interrupted Series

I'm going to have to write a series as I process my thoughts about Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker.

As I considered how many stars I would give this book, I was torn.  I liked parts of it, I was inspired by parts of it, yet I had a general sense of disquiet about it.  My gut said to rate it with three stars, or maybe even just two.  Yet it's prompting lots of thought, which I would love to sit down and turn into lots of discussion, so wouldn't that be strange to give such a low rating to something that has prompted so much pondering?  I settled for three and a half stars.

So, I need to "chat out" my thoughts on this book.  And I'm going to try to carve out the time to do that here.  They may not make a lot of sense, but I need to process my thoughts and honestly, I need to figure out what my thoughts even are!

If you want to come along for the crazy ride as I figure out what I'm thinking, hop on!  And I do hope you'll engage in conversation with me and let me know what you think of what I think. :)


3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! My last choice for book club was a Jen Hatmaker book for that reason. I hear you .... but really wish I could literally hear you over a pepsi. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you KNOW you're speaking my language!

      Delete
  2. interested.....I would give it more stars also for making you think

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!