Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mr. Personality

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I get a kick out of the things three-year-old-Easton says, so thought I would share a few so I don't forget them.
  • I heard him in the other room saying 'stupid, dumb, poop, stupid, dumb, poop'. These are words we aren't supposed to say in this house, so I headed in to correct him. Turns out his cars were saying these words, and he was correcting them. Do you suppose it was just an excuse to say them???
  • Frequently heard around the house: "Jesus loves the wittle chill-dwen, all duh chill-dwen of the weee-eld"
  • The cutest thing he says, guaranteed laughter from Mom every time: "You wanna piece of me? huh, huh, huh? do ya, do ya, do ya? Ohhhhhh, I'm scared now." (quoting Dorie from Finding Nemo. I know, not the greatest thing to brag about, but he's SOOOO cute!)
  • Easton doesn't like going to the library for story hour. He wants to go to the library when he can "read books all by myself". There are "too many people" at story hour and they "devastate the library". Yes, devastate. giggle
  • I'm a believer in pointing to God as the ultimate authority and the One who helps Mommy know how to raise children, so I say things like "God doesn't like it when we kick the kitty because He made the kitty and wants us to take care of him" or "God likes it when we are kind to our friends" or "God is happy when you obey Mommy" and so forth. I might be saying this a little too much as when he's doing something and isn't quite sure if it's okay or he'll get in trouble, he tilts his little head to the side and says (ever so seriously) "God likes it when (fill in the blank)". So far it hasn't been anything he SHOULDN'T be doing, just something he didn't ask permission to do first.
  • Easton loves PB&J more than any kid I've ever seen. I seriously think he would eat it three meals a day, every day! Here are lunch conversations from two days in a row.
Mommy: What shall we have for lunch today?
Easton: waffles!
Mommy: We had waffles for breakfast, now it's time for lunch
Easton: How about peanut butter and jelly? That's lunch!!!
Next day:
Mommy: What shall we have for lunch today?
Easton: peanut butter and jelly is fine

Sometimes you have to smother a grin around these guys. Easton is so expressive, it's just impossible to convey HOW he says the above--you'll have to use your imagination. But be sure to emphasize certain words and let your voice go up in pitch when excited, not to mention those sparkling eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment on our blog. It's wonderful to touch bases with other adoptive AND home school parents :). I LOVED the cars saying words they are not supposed to and your son correcting them....lol. I've wondered the same thing sometimes when a child learns a new word. "Mommy, what does___________ mean? I heard someone saying _______at school today? Do you know what __________means?" I think they sometimes see how many times they can get it in before I explain the meaning and why we don't say that...lol. Let me know if there's any prayers you can use right now...thank you for yours...God is SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You've really done a lot on here!

    In response to your comment on my site about the newness of this -- tell me about it! I just now figured out how to 'follow' you back, lol, it sounds creepy. I miss some things about Xanga but I'm glad to leave behind others. The 'reply' function is one I miss! When you transfer your pictures are you having to upload them over again?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!