Monday, August 23, 2010

What Do You Get. . .

when you combine a length of garden hose, a pulley, rope, old cushions, a piece of wood, old springs, and the creativity and love of a 13-year-old boy for his younger siblings??
A hammock. . .a swing, complete with springs at the top for extra bounce. . .
and a zip line.
Otherwise known as a complete playground system. Hours of fun guaranteed! Sorry about cutting Easton off--I realized I was right in the way and reflexively pushed the button. (I was right, by the way, chuckle)

8 comments:

  1. Fun! I love Destry's creativity. Saved you a ton of money too! Zip lines through the catalogs are so pricey.

    Look at how big Easton has gotten over the summer. He is sooooo not a baby anymore. He looks like such a little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! Reminds me of how my sisters and I used to find things to do/create to make it more fun at home....memories I will alway cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brother! He's quite a handy fella to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! See--I always knew I was missing out, not having a big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered what he was talking about on the phone today...I was thinking a hammock from legos????

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome! what a fun and very creative big brother. will that zip line hold adults? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, y'all--very cool! And what a great big brother to be so much fun--and save money by recycling junk! ha! Should I do a post on big brothers tormenting younger ones now, Karen? giggle Nope, Bree, sorry--but it sure looks fun, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dang it! i wanted to come try it out. you know who destry reminds me of????? home alone! i can totally see him doing all those cool little tricks and things to catch burglars'! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!