Friday, January 7, 2011

Big Stuff

Some boys around here are getting a little big for their britches! The above picture is of Easton playing with his remote-controlled car. Okay, it doesn't go with the theme, but I just love that grin and had to squeeze it in here because it makes my heart happy.

I've mentioned before how much Easton loves his baby brother. With supervision, he is occasionally being allowed to carry Tyrell. Tyrell grabs hold of Easton's shirt while Easton tightly wraps his arms around his brother and off they go to a nearby destination. Easton thinks he is VERY big when allowed this privilege.
Tyrell is also seeing how big he can be by drinking out of a cup. I know this sounds crazy for a five month old, but when he sees a glass he gets excited and leans toward it and if you don't give him a drink he cries! Silly boy. When you bring it within reach, he eagerly reaches out to grab it and bring it to his mouth where he nearly tucks his entire face in to get a drink. He's quite neat about it, too, literally drinking the milk rather than wasting it down his chin and front.Finally, Easton loves to build with Legos, closely following big brother Destry and Daddy. He was so very proud to make this dump truck by following the directions in a small kit. I was amazed he could finish it, but considering the tutelage he's had, I shouldn't have been surprised.Why are they in such a big hurry to grow up??

4 comments:

  1. This post made me think of one of my favorite children's picture books by Karen Kingsbury called 'Let Me Hold You Longer.'

    The book starts like this:

    Long ago you came to me,
    a miracle of firsts:
    First smiles and teeth and baby steps,
    a sunbeam on the burst.
    But one day you will move away
    and leave me to your past,
    And I will be left thinking of
    a lifetime of your lasts...

    The lase time that I held a bottle to your baby lips. The last time that I lifted you and held you on my hip.

    The last night when you woke up crying and needing to be walked, When last you crawled up with your blanket, waiting to be rocked.

    Your post is a great reminder of the precious process of growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shonya and Misti, you have me smiling and tearing up at the same time.

    I especially love that picture of Easton holding Tyrell--there's so much going on in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I always want to have more babies. What are they doing? C'mon, you're a baby. Drink from a bottle! (Jamie at this age started drinking from a straw, which is on the cup I use. What are you DOING? How big ARE you?) But they're both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misti--that sounds like a great book! I'm not familiar with it. . .

    Karen--good observation on that photo, it could have inspired a post all by itself! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!