Thursday, April 21, 2011

Play Ball!!

Easton is playing baseball this year. I know, it's silly to start playing at "almost five", but he was so excited and we enjoy the season and. . .I'm a pushover!I especially appreciated a post I read at Outnumbered Mom about all the lessons her four boys learned through their years of playing baseball:
I charted the games on the calendar, we packed up our lunch and a blanket, and we took off for the field, resigning ourselves to getting nothing more than that done on that day.

It was crazy, it was busy, it was fun. And it taught them lots of good lessons.
  • Sometimes you have to sit on the bench.
  • Sometimes you have to sit in the bleachers and wait for your brother.
  • You must wear sunscreen – especially on the tips of your ears and the back of your neck, two places those baseball caps just don’t cover.
  • Sometimes you have to entertain yourself while you wait.
  • It’s good to encourage a brother, especially when he strikes out.
He is absolutely adorable at practice, hanging on the coach's every word and responding as if in slow motion.
Oh! They hit the ball! Oh! There it goes! Hey! I should go get it! giggle

It's very distracting to wear a helmet while running bases. He can't seem to keep his hands off it! He's really whacking the ball though--playing in the yard with big brother seems to have prepared his hand-to-eye coordination.
Easton's smallest and cutest fan! Ok, the cap is too big and makes his hair poof out, but we thought he was adorable in it anyway.

Let the season begin--this family is ready!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, and more cute! I'm glad he's enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, its a tie as to who is the cutest....easton the baseball player or his little fan tyrell. Seriously, they are both adorable. Could u guys just move closer????? Love you! marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so glad you let him play! i am so ready for the games to start. braylon isn't "loving" ball. he actually wanted to take his crane to ball practice the other night. i think going to all of his brothers games has him burned out. i guess we will wait and see what the season brings for little mister braylon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!