Sharing just a few of the styles Kiana has been sporting this summer. . .

Most styles have involved braids in order to cut down on detangling sessions and to keep her cool. Sometimes I would start a style with braids in the front and leave the back curly for a couple days (which I love to do because I get to see her beautiful curls but also have a cute style around her face).
But a couple other styles have involved box braids in the back which will stay nice for several weeks, and I can change up the style framing her face.

In the above picture, she is wearing my first attempt at crisscross corn rows which were darling but got fuzzy after just a couple weeks.

So we changed the front style to a couple of angled corn rows and a ponytail with three braids.

I think it's really cute and it was a really fast style touch up--only took me about 30 minutes! (The dress she's wearing here, incidentally, was made for her by big sis Briana. She knitted the top, then sewed it to a darling bottom made with a Dora print. Kiana loves it and wants to wear it all the time!)

Another precious style was this piggy tail style in which I parted her hair ear to ear and cornrowed the front section to one side and gathered the ends of the cornrows into a ponytail. Then I cornrowed the back section to the opposite side and again gathered the ends into a ponytail.

This one might have been my favorite on her, particularly cute and cool for a three-year-old girl, but it also lasted the shortest amount of time. Next time I think I'll try smaller sections for the cornrows and we'll see if it lasts longer!
You're very creative. I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteThe first one is my favorite. Your right if frames her face so cute.
ReplyDeleteThe first is my favorite too! I admire your dedication! I'm glad I have boys, all I do is take the clippers and give them a buzz cut! LOL! But the bonding time you get with your girl while doing her hair must be priceless! Keep enjoying!
ReplyDelete