Monday, May 7, 2012

Comfort Food

You're welcome.
Because you're going to want to thank me for sharing.

This is how you make Heather's Scrumptious Chicken and Taters.

First you bread boneless skinless dark chicken meat with flour, salt and pepper.  (okay, okay, I'll confess I added some rosemary because in my world rosemary makes everything better)

Then you brown the chicken in oil or butter or maybe even a mixture of the two.

Meanwhile, heat some oil and saute a couple cloves of garlic in another skillet, then add sliced potatoes.  Red potatoes are best with the skin just washed and left on.  Sprinkle some oregano over the potatoes and just a hint of red pepper flakes.

By now your chicken should be browned and you can add about a cup of white cooking wine and some chicken broth and simmer the chicken while the potatoes finish cooking.

Once the potatoes are fried, dump them into a 9X13 pan and cover them with the chicken and all its yummy juiciness.  Top with some frozen peas and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

This meal is quick and easy and super delicious.  It's that down-home, comfort food, party-in-your mouth kind of goodness.  I don't know what makes it so good, but I can't wait to make it again.  It cracks me up because it looks like a bunch of plate-scrapings for the hog bucket, but we were scraping the edges of the pan rootin' for the last few bites.
 For dessert, may I suggest individualized banana splits?
 Briana went all out with crushed pineapple, strawberries, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, Cool Whip and chopped nuts.
 Kiana followed big sister's lead--and ate every last drop.
 Easton opted for ice cream and chocolate syrup and that's all thanks.
 Tyrell was quite proud of his sundae made up of ice cream and strawberries. . .
and Dad of course had a little of everything.  Destry must have eaten his before I got a picture and everyone was too busy eating to get a picture of mine.  All seven of us enjoyed our special treats for about the same price as one banana split at the ice cream shop!

4 comments:

  1. I should not have even opened this post...on day 16 of Cycle 1 of the 17 day cycle but who is counting?!?

    LOVE the fun your family is having together...ice cream is such a good bonding experience! You are totally 'my' kind of people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks YUM! I might just have to add it to our menu plan later this month. I also love the ice cream, your little ones look so proud of their creations! They are so cute!

    Oh, and by the way, I thought you might be interested to know that I am planning on actually writing on my blog, since it has been empty pretty much since I made it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sure Sheldon and Shayla would have a good clean out after that meal. lol! We use to leave MO and they would stop by the same bathrooms on the way home after all your super yummy comfort food. Looks delicious:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!