She has high hopes of finishing it in time to enter it for 4H in the fair the end of July. Maybe it will make it to the state fair and y'all can come see it along with the Bill Riley talent show, butter cow, and other Iowa State Fair classic attractions.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Number Two
She's at it again. Briana has the top of her second quilt completed. I like this one even better than the first one she made. This one is significantly larger and she's planning to cozy up with it on her bed this winter. I love her color scheme and the pattern.
She has high hopes of finishing it in time to enter it for 4H in the fair the end of July. Maybe it will make it to the state fair and y'all can come see it along with the Bill Riley talent show, butter cow, and other Iowa State Fair classic attractions.
And have I mentioned that I find it funny that one of the negatives some people fear in homeschooling is children not having opportunities to try different things and being just carbon copies of their parents? Or that my sewing expertise ends with sewing on buttons? I just love that she is developing this talent for which I have neither interest nor ability as she is discovering her gifts and dreams.
She has high hopes of finishing it in time to enter it for 4H in the fair the end of July. Maybe it will make it to the state fair and y'all can come see it along with the Bill Riley talent show, butter cow, and other Iowa State Fair classic attractions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Just beautiful! I couldn't do that!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! And I can't do it either. I've tried. And I've just come to accept the fact that I am not crafty and that that is just not going to happen. I'm amazed by what other people are able to do!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful to watch them develop their passions, isn't it? That's lovely work.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous quilt! She's doing a lovely job.
ReplyDeleteNice job Bri! Maybe I should get an order in :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Good luck, Alan has already been teasing her that he'd like a queen-sized quilt for our bed next! :)
DeleteI'm loving seeing her grin as I pass these encouraging words her way! :)
ReplyDeleteIncredible! Her labors of love with bless people her whole life. It's an interest and talent that you never outgrow!
ReplyDelete