Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Six Dollars Worth of Fun

Garage sales around here are really fun.  I stopped at one random garage sale last weekend and spent a whopping six dollars.  How much fun can this family get out of six dollars?  When it starts with a pogo stick, there's no limit!

 Of course dress up clothes around here are priceless--and we picked up FIVE new imagination-boosting outfits for a measly two bucks!
 Then there were these amazing collapsible toy box "thingys".  The lady having the sale said they were for toys--I thought they would be great for holding stuffed animals or even dirty laundry.  I never imagined they would be great houses, castles, spaceships, etc. and thus be great for holding kids.
A princess bike for Princess Kiana, a couple hardback books, three movies and a box of "pirate treasure" (costume jewelry claimed and labeled by Easton) finished our trunkful of loot.
The kiddos have logged hours and hours of play so far, and I see many more hours of equally imaginative play in their future.  What a find!

6 comments:

  1. Great finds Shonya! Good thing you will have plenty of space to put all of those toys in 1 week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garage sales can really be great sometimes -- looks like you got some good stuff to help fill up that house. ;) Love the pics -- Kiana looks so grown-up lately! And Easton makes me think of my brother Clint b/c he always used to want to pose like some action character for pictures when he was around that age. Usually Power Rangers back then, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Kiana is starting to look older. And Easton's instinctive poses make me laugh. Boys are so fun!

      Delete
  3. As someone who harbors a borderline obsession with garage sales, I'm always excited to see other people's finds. Just imagine how much you would have paid for all that in a store! And I love the photo of Kiana coming up out of the princess... thingy. It's really a beautiful photo of her.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!