Life has been B-U-S-Y! Busy, but good. I've been a little surprised that I haven't really even missed blogging. I've been working on a scrapbook of this last school year, however, and as I've used my blog as a resource, I've realized how fun it is to go back and read it, so I'm going to try to be a little more consistent here.
So, let's see here, where have we been? There was the Walk for Life to raise money for our local crisis pregnancy center (for which Alan is now serving on the board), a couple music performances we attended, and both a piano recital and violin recital for Destry.
Then there was the homeschool track and field day which was tons of fun. The kids raced, did long jumps, softball throw, obstacle course. . .all kinds of fun stuff. I got a kick out of this shot of Destry and Jarret racing--mostly because Destry is racing in jeans AND his cap. He at least made the concession of wearing tennis shoes instead of his work boots! He managed to beat is good friend, Jarret, in both the sprint and the longer run, but I think Trevor may be able to beat them both next year.
For the homeschool achievement night, Destry played a piece on the violin and Kiana stole the show with a couple of ballet routines.
She was simply adorable and not afraid of the spotlight at all. Two other mothers ordered the little ballet dvd Kiana has been using for her "lessons" for their little girls who were entranced at Kiana'a performance.
Briana sang a song from The Sound of Music while Destry accompanied her on the piano and Emily played the clarinet. Destry also accompanied Emily as she sang "Think of Me" from Phantom. The kids also had fun choosing some of their artwork, handicrafts, and Lego creations to display on our table.
As far as a weight loss update, I've stalled at 21 pounds lost and am hoping to pick it up a little better in the next few weeks. I'm just happy I haven't gained back, even though I don't think I'll make my original goal of fifty pounds off by my birthday. Maybe 35. . .or even 40!
I'll try to update you with other events over the next few days, but meanwhile know that we are enjoying SUMMER--complete with dandelions and lawn mowing.








21# is still great! Keep on keeping on!
ReplyDeleteAwww, thanks Deb, for the encouragement! :)
DeleteI am right there with you, enjoying SUMMER! No mowing here, though, since we rent. I forget every year just how much I love summer :)
ReplyDeleteSummer really is great, isn't it?? It's going by awfully fast though.
DeleteSo glad to hear...okay, read from you!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was great to see an update. I have one for you. Over the 4th, we ran into 4 different children we had fostered...one of them was Sweet Girl who you helped me with her hair. She has been adopted by the family who she went to immediately after us (that was the plan....but sometimes it feels like these things rarely go by the plan!). They love her so much. Her mom found someone who does her hair which is beautiful just like her. Thanks for the help you provided me when I needed it!
Awww, Laura, that is so wonderful! I'm so glad she has her forever family and I'm so glad you got to see that cycle completed. That just gave me chills of joy for you!!
Delete