Thursday, May 8, 2014

Aryana Joy

I'm still here.  I'm so far behind in everything, you wouldn't even believe it.  Yet here at the computer I sit, with my kitchen counter covered in dirty dishes, piles of shoes beside the door (why DON'T the kids put them where they belong?!), clean laundry covering my bed (and needing folded), dirty laundry oozing out of the hamper, and piles of garbage bags full of hand-me-downs stuffed in a corner of my living room calling for me to sort them.

I'm stealing just a few moments because I miss blogging.  Aryana is three weeks old today and I'm not doing a very good job recording these (sleep-deprived) moments!  I guess it's because I'm too busy holding, rocking, singing to, feeding, and changing (the ubiquitous poopy diapers of) the precious little princess herself.

Luckily for you, (really, I am happy for ME) my sister has some SKILLS with a camera.  She came over to capture memories of Aryana when she was a mere 9-days-old, just about 24 hours after she arrived home.
I just love the colors and texture of the cocoon Briana made for her up against her skin.
 Aryana Joy

I want to record our thought process behind Aryana's name.  We found two different meanings for her first name.  The one citing it as being of Russian origin meant "most holy".  In Sanskrit, Aryana means "a noble and pure woman".

Her middle name, Joy, is after her first mother, whose name is Abigail (which means joy) and Aryana certainly is a source of joy to us.

Precious Aryana Joy, may you always be "a noble and pure woman filled with joy from the Most Holy One."

9 comments:

  1. There ARE a lot of poopy diapers, aren't there? So glad you paused to blog. Love, love the name AND the meaning...you know I love a good 'meaning' to go with a name. She's simply beautiful. Three weeks already...the time goes too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinda fun to be in this season with you--although you are a blogging MACHINE, girl!!! ;) Can I just borrow some of your posts?! lol

      Delete
  2. AMEN to that!!!

    And gee, I can't imagine why you are behind. :D

    She is a DOLL!! Oh, I love her and am so excited for your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful name! I can appreciate the time and effort you went to in picking it. I know that she will too. Thanks for posting! (and your sister truly is a gifted photographer!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her name! So good to hear from you too.

      Delete
  4. Just beautiful, all of it! Even the dishes and clothes, because it lessens my guilt over same, except I don't have a newborn. I happen to know your sister also has some mad cleaning skills, just saying. And I'm still awaiting my matching Kristy-size cocoon. Again, just saying. What a beautiful family you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photography skills and cleaning skills--two of the ways my sister and I are not at all alike! ;)

      Delete
  5. Her name is beautiful, and so is she! You must be over the moon. Blessings on all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!