Friday, November 7, 2014

Getting Back in the Groove

That old urge is tickling at the edges of my brain again.  I've rather missed it.

If you've followed me long, you'll know I used to blog a lot more often.  I wrote about my faith walk, my children, our homeschool, our outdoor escapades, my homemaking, adoption, book reviews, the occasional soapbox. . .

But this year I haven't had much to say.  Oh, yes, I keep posting those book reviews and I like to post our freezer cooking recipes so I can come back to them later.  But for the most part I just haven't felt like writing.

It's been strange.  I have always written.  My desk has always been littered with scraps of paper containing quick outlines of a blog post.  I've had more ideas (many more ideas!) than I've had time.  And yes, life has been ever busier this year.  Yet there have been times I've sat at my computer during the children's naptime thinking "I should write something". . .and the cursor just blinked at me.

This last week I have started scribbling ideas again.  I may have difficulty finding the time to flesh them out, but I'm still happy just to have the scribbles.  I'm not sure what has re-ignited this fire.  I'm guessing it might have something to do with a combination of the three following events:

  • A friend referred me to another blog author who was looking for guest bloggers during November's Adoption Month.  I really enjoyed sharing my (long-winded) adoption journey for her.
  • I made a quick trip to New York to see a dear friend I hadn't seen in three years.  I hope to blog about that, but she always invigorates me and "stirs me up to love and good works."  While she didn't encourage me to write, she encouraged me to think and to self-examine and to step outside of the daily grind that is my comfort zone.
  • Aryana is sleeping through the night, so I'm getting more rest.  :)
I hope to chat with you more soon!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is GOOD news! I LOVE your blog posts!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Yay! What Jennifer said. ;)

    We just returned from a week in the midwest (alas, not near you) and so I'm playing catch-up (always and forever though, I think) and have enjoyed your writings this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think it would have been fun to meet up, but that would have involved quite a drive for both of us, even to meet in the middle. Maybe someday. . .

      Great to hear from you!! :)

      Delete
  3. Writer's Block is THE DEVIL. Or maybe just my own personal devil, so I totally sympathize, but am glad you've found your way around him again. Yay for more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it while it lasts! And the comments are fun too.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!