So, for what I read in February, I read two in preparation for the speakers on our marriage cruise:
- Still Growing by Kirk Cameron
- Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman
- Petra: City of Stone by T.L. Higley
- I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai (the only book which was on both lists!)
In March I'm planning to read:
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer was my selection for Carrie's Classics Book Club. I have wanted to read this one for a long time, but have never gotten around to it. I'm hoping having some accountability will force me to dive into it, and I'm excited to see how I learn and grow through its reading.
- The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore. My good friend, Misti, checked this as "want to read" on her Goodreads account and I was intrigued by its description. I love a thought-provoking book which helps me better understand people and the choices they make.
- Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver was recommended by Misti. I was thoroughly sucked in by Kingsolver's "Poisonwood Bible" (I could, in fact, read it again) so I'm looking forward to her storytelling again, even while I don't tend to agree with her worldview.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I'm supposed to start reading this one with Destry for literature this month. We both have busy months ahead of us (he with music competitions and performances as well as a week at TeenPact and I with. . .well, life while reading Tozer!), so I don't anticipate either of us finishing it, but we both appreciate Dickens and are looking forward to this one.
- Raising Real Men by Hal and Melanie Young. Since I've owned this book for over a year (blush) and 1) still haven't read it but 2) they are coming to speak to our homeschool group this month and staying at our house. . .well, I think I should get it read!
Hopefully I do a better job fulfilling my reading goals this month than I did last month!

I've heard so much about Tozer but have never read any of his books -- I should. Ditto the Poisonwood Bible! I read GExp. with my oldest when she was assigned it for school. Although I love most classics, it was just "meh" for me. I hope you enjoy it more!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, you certainly should read The Poisonwood Bible. It's one of those you can't put down and stay up all night to finish!
Delete