So I ran out to Target and bought a nice journal and a new set of colored pens. When I got home, I promptly sat down to number each of the pages. Then I used a ruler to make a vertical line through the center of the first four pages to make my Table of Contents.
I love the idea of combining all sorts of ideas into one journal. This is now my Bible study journal-slash-prayer journal-slash-commonplace book. I have notes from some books I've read (such as The Pursuit of God and The Prodigal God), I have notes from the marriage cruise we got so much from, and I have jotted down good quotes I've come across on the internet or in a book.
I'm currently working through a study of the book of Ephesians using a "Journal and Doodle" guide I downloaded (for free!) and I'm having WAY too much fun with it.
I'm no artist (by any stretch of the imagination) but I think fun, colorful pens make all the difference.



I'm glad you shared this! THANK YOU for the inspiration, as an adult, I think I got away from this...new pens and a journal really can make the difference....at any age!
ReplyDeleteYay, DO try it! It's so fun!! :)
DeleteIiiiii LIKE it!
ReplyDelete:D me too!
DeleteI downloaded the study! I have to admit the idea of writing in my Bible gives me minor anxiety, but only because I am a ridiculous perfectionist. I'm working on that, lol! I can't wait to dig in!
ReplyDelete