Friday, December 10, 2010

Relationship Rumination

I once heard that everyone needs a Paul, a Barnabas and a Timothy in her life.
  • We need a Paul to follow. Someone to teach and disciple us. Someone with wisdom gained through years and experience. Someone whose example we can follow as she follows the example of Christ. A Titus 2 woman.
  • We need a Barnabas to encourage us. Someone to walk beside us. Someone who is involved day-to-day. Someone to support us and hear our dreams and inspire us. Someone to invigorate and lift us up when we're discouraged.
  • We need a Timothy to lead. Someone to serve. Someone to pass things on to. Someone through whom to influence the future and preserve the faith.
Do you have these three relationships in your life? And what role do you play for others?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm....thinking on this one :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had a great series on this at the United Methodist Church last year. It was based on a book. (Which I tried to google and could not find for the life of me.) Seems to me there were 13 relationships that you needed in your life. I really wanted to read the book at the time, but forgot about it until now. Now I'm going to have to try to find that book. I think I play all of these rolls with different people in my life. And I think different people play these roles in my life at different times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Corin, that book sounds great! If you think of the name, drop me a note, hmmmm? I agree, sometimes I have all three of these people in my life, other seasons I don't, and they can change. The idea sure makes me think, though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!