Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Simply Ingenious

When Destry closed the cover on Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, he walked over to me, handed me the book, and pronounced it "simply ingenious." I was intrigued.

I have long been a fan of a good mystery (what am I saying? I am a fan of *books*!), but had only read one Agatha Christie book. This title was on a college preparation reading list and our librarian ordered it for Briana to read. Somehow, Destry got to it first and told me I had to read it.

Can I just share how fun it is to read a book my son has recommended? Now that, my friend, is a reward for all these years of parenting! chuckle He hovered over my shoulder and repeatedly interrupted me to ask "NOW who has died?"There's really nothing to say about this book. No earth-shattering insight, no challenge to my thoughts or spiritual walk. It was just fun. It took me about an hour and a half to read and was a nice little escape from my sore throat and congested chest.

And no, I didn't figure out whodunit.

6 comments:

  1. I am ashamed to say that I have never read an Agatha Christie book! I do have a new biography of her on my list from the library though...guess that shows I am more of a non-fiction! I may have to pick up this (or any of her books before it's my turn for the bio!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the second person who I've seen recently saying that their child recommended a book that they liked.

    One day, Carrie. One day...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I love it when my kids read passages to me from the books they are reading. I think it's time for me to take them up on their recommendations, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura--it's a fun and easy read, I recommend it! :)
    Carrie--oh yes, it's a wonderful, wonderful feeling! Your time is coming!
    Karen--don't you just LOVE raising book-lovers??

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Enjoying a book your child recommended sounds totally awesome.
    2. You read more than 3 pages per minute!?!? You are amazing!!! Can I hire you to preread all my children's books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are the only person I know who would compute the reading speed, giggle. I do read pretty fast (when it's fiction) although I don't know that you could go by that precise calculation as I wasn't exactly timing myself--that was approximate. :) One naptime. . .

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!