My POINT is that my husband is gone for a couple weeks and I am learning that there are some aspects to daily life that I apparently do just for Alan. Because I'm not doing them consistently while he's gone.
- For example, I am cooking differently. When he is home, we have a big meal nearly every night. Meat, potatoes and gravy kinds of big meals. Aside from my purposeful efforts these last three meals of chicken fajitas, pork chops and hominy, and hot beef sandwiches, we've been eating a lot of chicken bites, hot dogs, sandwiches, and frozen pizza.
- Then there's making the bed. I personally see no point in making the bed--a person just climbs back in there and messes it all up again the next night anyway, and what guest is going to be in my bedroom to see it messed up? But I have made it every morning for 19 years of marriage. Until this last week--while my husband is gone.
- Speaking of going to bed, I'm not doing that very well either. I just hate climbing in to that cold, lonely bed. What am I supposed to do about my cold feet if I can't tuck them between his always-warm calves to warm them up?? (don't mention socks, I abhor sleeping in socks!) So I keep staying up--too late. Yawn. He rarely stays up past 10:30 pm. I can't seem to make it to bed before midnight without him.
- Normally, when Alan is coming home in the evening, I feel like I spend all day picking up, but we have designated pick up times to keep the house under control. Everyone pitches in for a pick up before lunch and again around 4 pm before Daddy gets home. Then I like things picked up in the evening as everyone is going to bed, or at least before *I* go to bed. Two nights ago I looked at the living room strewn with dolls, vehicles, books, tractors, animals, stacking cups, blankets and A TENT right in the middle of it all. . .and I just shrugged my shoulders as I headed to the couch with a book. Once the midnight hour had sufficiently passed, I again surveyed the living room, decided Tornado Teddy would just dump everything out again first thing in the morning anyway and went to bed!
Hurry home, Honey, I need some motivation!
that would be 2 days.....you didn't shower at my house either :)
ReplyDeleteSZ
Very, very sweet!
ReplyDeleteHurray, SZ, I'm so happy to see your computer let you comment that I'll even forgive you opening your big mouth! lol (This post was scheduled ahead of time, so it was accurate at the time written! ha!)
ReplyDeleteYES! THANK YOU! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO POINT IN MAKING A BED YOU ARE GOING TO CRAWL RIGHT BACK INTO!!!!
ReplyDelete*ahem*