Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sunburst Cornrows

I sometimes wonder if I should keep posting Kiana's hairstyles on my blog or if anyone really cares, but I learned so much from other bloggers when I was learning to properly care for her hair that I just feel like I should pass it on to anyone else looking for ideas.
Kiana's hair is currently cornrowed into a sunburst style.  I parted her hair from ear to ear and cornrowed the back straight down.  Then I started at a point above her right eye and braided nine rows originating from that point.
It took about 2 1/2 hours (one hour for the back, then an hour and a half the next day for the top/front) to complete this style.  The day before I styled it, I washed, moisturized and detangled her hair, then banded it into five ponytails.
I like the way the back has two layers, and I love the way the interesting angles complement her face.   I think it's beautiful, and it should last several weeks (although she has already been wallering her head on my side, the back of her seat, and on the couch so there's no guarantee).

5 comments:

  1. Oh, please do keep posting Kiana's new hairstyles! T's hair when wet and pulled down is below her bottom and soooo thick! Just tonight I asked if she'd like little bitty braids and beads (because of Kiana's recent box braids). It's been nearly a year since I did tiny braids because it takes so much time to unbraid.
    Kiana's so cute in her new style! Good job, Shonya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, Glad they bless you! I'm always looking for ideas (and reminders!) of styles to do too.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorites :) A lady sat in front of me at church sunday with her hair like this and I was going to suggest it to you again! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it too--and looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Maybe I've said this before, but just in case... ;) I think Kiana and her hairstyles are super cute. So I for one sure don't mind seeing them even though they aren't something I need from a practical standpoint right now. I really like this style, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!